Student Visa Advice Brisbane

Australia is one of the top destinations chosen by students who wish to study abroad. This is because Australia provides the students with an opportunity to get a good education and experience what this great country has to offer.

Australia is the 3rd most popular international student destination in the world behind only the United Kingdom and the United States of America. This isn’t too much of a surprise when you consider that Australia has 7 of the top 100 universities in the world.

Australia receives a high volume of student visa applications. Based on data from the financial year 2016-2017, there were a total of 374,294 student visa applicants. 126,886 of those were lodged by applicants who were already in Australia. 116,358 out of the 126,886 onshore applications were granted. There were also 247,408 applications lodged from outside Australia. 226,677 out of 247,408 offshore applications were granted.

At Australian Visa Advice, our friendly Brisbane team can proudly offer some of the best student visa advice available. Call us today on +(61 (0)479 001 283, or click here to enquire online.

How Do I Apply For an Australian Student Visa?

To be eligible for a student visa, you must first indicate where you will study and show that you have been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia.

Your passport country will then determine the requirements that you will need to be able meet to be obtain a student visa. You may need to provide evidence on how you will finance your living and study.

Student visas can be a good way to improve your skills and employability. Australian qualifications can also give you more options in applying for longer-stay visas such as Graduate Temporary Subclass 485 visas and General Skilled Migration.

Australian Visa Advice can assist you with your student visa. Our Brisbane-based team proudly provide clients with exceptional student visa advice, and can assist you with all enquiries regarding student visa applications in Australia. Our services include supporting your visa application, renewing student visas, changing courses and dealing with Notices of Intention to Consider Cancellation of student visas.

There are two categories of student visas:

Student Visa (subclass 500)
This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised educational institution.

You can study in a CRICOS registered full-time course in Australia. There are many different courses an international student may enrol in, and it is possible to apply for permission to work part-time while studying.

You can study at all levels of education, including primary, secondary, tertiary, postgraduate and trade related courses. 

Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia.

You will need to show that you are a genuine student who will complete their studies in Australia, comply with visa conditions and in general return home after your studies.

This would generally involve demonstrating how the studies are relevant to your background, and how they will improve your employment prospects in your home country.

Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.

You must be the student’s parent, legal guardian or relative and have enough money to support yourself and the student during your stay.

You must be able to provide accommodation and other support and be at least 21 years of age.

This visa has many restrictions, conditions and application requirements. Australian Visa Advice can help you in the planning, preparation and lodgement stages of this visa.

Need More Assistance? Contact Australian Visa Advice Today

As well as providing assistance with student visa migration, our Brisbane experts are also highly experienced in skilled visas, family and partner visas, business visas, and visas for New Zealand citizens. To enquire about these services, you can call +61 (0)479 001 283, or contact us for more information.